Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wee Rabbit Tin

What a day: two finishes in one morning!



I stitched this little bunny a year or more ago.  I had planned to place it behind the plastic cover of one of those stainless steel spice boxes.  No matter what I did, I could not get it work out.  I kept cutting the piece down until it was too small to make into anything else.  I didn't want to throw it out because I stitched it over one thread on 28 count linen, and that's a big deal for me!  After my floss tag success this morning I thought about making it into a floss tag as well, but the piece was just too small.  So, I got the tin box out again and had a re-think.  I ended up popping out the plastic top and inserting the stitching with some padding behind it. A bit of matching velvet ribbon around the lid hides the pouring holes.



 I'm happy with how it turned out: now I can make another in blue!

(This chart can be found here. Look under 'Freebies' and scroll down to chart  47.  There are other little animals as well.)

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like