Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Today is so fabulous - not only is the weather absolutely gorgeous, but more importantly, my cross stitch prize from Brooke's Books Publishing came in the mail!!  I'm so excited!  I have been anxiously watching the mailbox for weeks now, hoping everyday my prize would come in.  Here are the six charts I chose:


We have the Spirit of Quilting Angel: Spirit of Cross Stitching Angel; Spirit of Holiday Giving Angel; and from the Bride's Tree Ornaments, Eternity; Happiness and Love.  Aren't they beautiful?  I just can't wait to start stitching them.  I think it's the best prize I have ever won!

Last night I started a small chart, available from Le Chalet des Perelles.  This is another gorgeous French site with lots of free pretty little charts.  I just have to stitch the border and then it's done.


I used some of my own hand-dyed threads and two of the DMC Colour Variations.  I stitched on white monaco, but I think I might stitch it again on natural linen because it's so quick.

We had a great weekend.  Again the weather was lovely so we tried to spend as much time outside as possible.  My Favourite Girl was in a production of 'Hairspray' and we saw her perform on Saturday morning.  It was so good: let's just say I cried every time I saw her on stage.  I have to stop being embarrassed when I get so emotional watching my kids do stuff in public, because now I'm doing it all the time.  I only have to think about them doing it and I choke up.  I've turned into one of those mothers, but since it's about my kids I don't care!  At least they know I'm proud of them:)

Now I'm off to tea dye some cross stitch fabric and enjoy the sunshine!

Thanks for visiting:)

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like