Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

The clematis in our garden is producing tons of blossoms this year.  We planted it three years ago and have been patient: watching it produce more and more every year.  It's now at a point where I can bring some indoors without stripping the vines bare:



I'm so glad I bought this white pitcher at a thrift store a few years ago: all flowers look good in it and there are no stems or cloudy water to see!  I have another one that's a bit larger for bigger bouquets - my peonies look fantastic in that one.

I turned my bird-in-cherry blossoms cross stitch into a little pillow today: it's stuffed with fiberfill with a bit of dried lavender.


While I was at the sewing machine I gave my lavender dryer bags a make-over.  They were previously made with natural muslin, but that's too boring!  While organizing my fabric I found some remnants from a sheet and thought it would be nice for dryer bags.  Since I have to keep them out in the open to remind myself to use them, they might as well be pretty!


The weather is still gorgeous here, though it is cooling down a bit today.  It has been nice to be able to stitch or read outside, and generally just enjoy the late spring weather.  Now that June is almost upon us there are things that will need to be done before school ends.  I always love the weather in June, but it is usually too busy to enjoy the last kid-free days before summer vacation.  We will have to see if this is the year I get all the old photos printed off before school ends!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like