Sunday, August 18, 2013

Something Fun


I picked this frame up from someone's trash around a year ago.  It's plastic, and was painted a dark gold colour.  I think anyone growing up in the 1970's saw something like this on a daily basis.
So it sat around forever:  do I need a new mirror?  No.  Do I need a new photo frame?  No.  Should I paint it white?  Pink?

Really I just couldn't stand my endless debating about it:  it's a plastic frame for goodness sake.  So I painted the frame  with a leftover can of baby blue spray paint and bought some chalk board paint for the backing.  Enter my new, inspirational chalk-board.  It's hanging off the side of my pantry so you see it as you enter my kitchen.  I am in love.


I love my little family.  Now I can let them know in one more way every single day.



1 comment:

gillyflower said...

What a clever and pretty idea! It looks great Jenn. A painted framed blackboard would probably cost a fair amount to buy new.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like